Friday, March 25, 2011

Followup: Things I love about my new kitchen!

Things I love about my new kitchen:

Can you believe it's all done?? (drum roll, please) Introducing my kitchen:








And now that it's all done, here are some of the little details that I truly love:

My tile backsplash. I love how it turned out, especially with the chipped edges.
Also under-the-cabinet lighting. It's awesome.

 My chandelier

The little area here with my fruit basket and my kitchenaid. Doesn't this make you want to eat fruit? 

My much more organized and usable desk 

 A windowsill!

My tile floor. I love the bigger and smaller sizes intermixed, the clean (as opposed to chipped) edge, the small grout lines, the color, and the general feel of it. 

A fridge with tons of room in it!! 

 Empty, yet-to-be-filled space

A school-lunch-making area 

The wider doorway, with an arch on top. Also the wider space in between cabinets. 

 Lights. Lots of them. Everywhere.

 Windowseat!!

Baking area 

Pull-out spice rack. 

Pull-out shelves. No more scrounging around in a dark corner of a cabinet for my pots and pans!! 

 I can also find my utensils

 No more bread on the counter for Harley to eat.

 A new microwave that actually works. And it had cool one-touch controls. And a flat cooking surface.

A modified cabinet for holding baking staples. (thanks Shane!) 

 Counters. Lots of them. 

 A new pull-out faucet. Awesome. And a soap dispenser! No more bottles of dish soap = less clutter on the counter!

Ditto for tip-out sink bins. 

And speaking of my sink, it's so big and deep that I can keep tons of dirty dishes in it and no one knows the difference!! Check it out:
Looks good, right?

 But I haven't done dishes since yesterday afternoon!

 Undermount sink: no more goo all over the sink edge


 Beautiful (and functional) windowsills

I really, truly love this kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment