When I came into the kitchen today, Shane was in the attic. I climbed up to talk to him and got a glimpse -- I've never been up there before!
Cool. Who knew??
Also, the wall between the kitchen and dining room is officially completely gone today:
And, the wall between the fridge and the desk is back as far as it's going.
Here's a view the other way:
It really makes the room feel more open, doesn't it! Until now, it's been hard to really visualize how things will be. Because the wall by the desk came out so far, I was worried that the south counter (over by the door to the living room - it's the space where the old doorway is dry-walled off in the picture above)) would feel kind of like it's in a hallway. Renderings on IKEA's kitchen planner didn't look that way, but looking at my kitchen (before), it still felt closed in. Now, however -- check it out!!
Also, I talked more with Shane about the doorway to the stairs. We are going to have him make it an archway, like the two other doorways in the room. I'm excited! I think this will add some more atmosphere to the house, and it will feel more open at the same time.
Awesome!




No comments:
Post a Comment