Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 30 - Friday (one hour)

Pieter and I had an hour-long conversation with Shane this afternoon! I feel bad - I just dropped by and saw him there, and told him I had a few questions. At least Shane is a good sport when my "few questions" turn into a few hundred.

It's a good thing we stopped by, though, because we saw a few things when we were all together that I'm not sure anyone would have noticed if we hadn't been chatting. Like my ceiling fan, which is being replaced, and under which I happen to know, the ceiling is not textured. And an outlet which would have ended up capped off, but which Pieter and I use frequently. Probably the coolest thing of all is a possibility with our window over the sink.

We were discussing ways to make the windowsill a little bit bigger - say, big enough for a small plant. Shane mentioned putting a board there (the board could stick out, say, a few inches) and then tiling over the board. That seems like an ok idea, except that I'm sure if there is any wood anywhere near my sink, my family will find a way to soak it - frequently. Plus, I'm worried about how much space there will be right there, behind my sink. Would there be room for a windowsill to stick out? Then Shane looked at the window and wondered aloud whether it would be possible to unscrew it and push it out a bit. He thinks it is possible, and I think it is ingenious! I had once had a master plan that involved installing new kitchen cabinets a few inches away from the wall and then tiling on top, creating a shelf that runs the whole way along my kitchen. And all that so I could have space on my windowsill for a small plant. But to think that I could work with my existing sill . . . that is so cool!!

Seriously!!

You gotta love Shane!

No comments:

Post a Comment