Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 41 - Tuesday (a door, a floor, and a couch)

If you have been following this blog, you may have detected that I've been a little bit stressed lately. I'm just incredibly busy, mostly due to the "big 3" events in my life right now: I'm in my last semester of grad school, I just started my dream job, and of course, I'm remodeling my kitchen. Any of those three would be enough to really make my life busy. But all three are about to kill me off!

Pieter has noticed my stress level, and he had this idea to take me away over this weekend! He surprised me on Monday afternoon with the announcement that we would be staying at the Anniversary Inn that night, and that he had already worked the details out with our family. WOW!!

Of course, remodeling stops for no man. Our couch was being delivered Tuesday morning between 8 and 11 am. Before the couch was delivered, Shane had to come over and remove the door and jam, and then someone had to stay in the house until Ashley arrived.

I worried. Pieter had lined up my dad to go and sit at the house. I was worried that he would be there for hours, and that the couch would still not fit. I was worried that Ashley would try to call us to tell us that it wasn't fitting, and we'd be blissfully sleeping in. But it all turned out fine!! My dad came over at 8. Shane came right after that, and just as he was getting the door off, Ashley came. It was a tight fit, but somehow they got that couch down the stairs with only some minor scraping on the walls, no damage to the couch, and only one minor shock (my dad got shocked on the exposed light switch! who'd have ever thought of that?!)

So we returned home to find a new back door, the kitchen with backerboard down (thanks to Brad!) and our new couch in the basement!! The kitchen is starting to look like a real room now, with one consistent floor surface. The door looks awesome!! And the couch -- double awesome!! Hope we like it now, 'cause it's never, ever going to be able to leave that basement!!


No comments:

Post a Comment