Gemini got the mouse today!
Dorothy has had a mouse in her house. I have seen our cat catch mice, and I figured, just wait. One day in her house, and Gemini will have caught that mouse. It'll be great.
Except that it's taken her a month now to do that. For us it's been good -- she hasn't even wanted to go outside! She's been distracted every day, standing watch in that kitchen, waiting for the elusive mouse to appear so she can play with it. It's also been crazy, though. We've had a few moments of panic when she's found the mouse and then it's gotten away again! (most of these occasions involve me shrieking atop a chair. . .) Fun, crazy, and distracting.
My life has been kind of like this too. I meant to do it a month ago, but I figured that as soon as I get down to Dorothy's house, I'd finally be able to get all of those choices made about our kitchen. I thought, if I just bucked down and focused on it, I should be able to get all of that done within the first week or so. Then I could relax and "enjoy" the rest of this process. Instead, I've been distracted every day, spending my time watching for that elusive "perfect sink or tile to appear. It's made our family crazy too, like when I end up spending a whole day shopping with Pieter and the kids get to fend for themselves. It's cost me sleep, and caused me stress. Not so fun, crazy, and distracting.
Today I'm calling an end to this! I think we're down to only a few decisions left. The sink. The paint. That may be it. And we have a long weekend. This is the day -- or at least, the weekend. We are going to be done with our part in this process. Starting Tuesday, I'm going to sit back, relax, and "enjoy" the rest of this process. Or at least, I'll be able to focus on something else than catching a mouse.

No comments:
Post a Comment