Not too much change today. I'm sure a lot is going on behind the scenes. We are pretty excited about the doorway to the stairs, though. Once upon a time, we thought about opening the doorway way up - maybe even having less cabinets on that wall - so that the basement seems more connected to the kitchen. Now that we have thought about it, though, we don't think that's really necessary. Still, we were hoping that Shane could at least open up the doorway a few inches.
We came in today, and the doorway is a few inches wider on one side. Now that I see it, I'm even more glad we asked about this. It feels more open already, and I'm sure it will be even nicer when it is finished. Also, I have changed the configuration of the cabinets around this doorway. The cabinets will extend further (towards the doorway) on the one side of the door - that's the one that didn't change. But on the other side (the side Shane opened up a few inches), I have backed the cabinets up about 6 inches. I'm trying to direct the traffic more that way, and as I look a the doorway, I realize that this 3 inches will actually lend itself really well to the new hopeful traffic pattern.

No comments:
Post a Comment