Yesterday was painting day. Except that we spent about half of the day at Home Depot.
Aaaaaaaaaaah!!
We had a 10% off coupon, and we thought that if we were going to buy paint, we may as well buy everything we could think of that we needed at Home Depot . . . I'm sure you know how that went. I never thought I would spend 30 minutes looking at different light bulbs. Or doors. Or drawer pulls. (especially when we had already chosen one!) For that matter, I thought we walked in the door having already made all of the necessary choices. Yeah, right.
Besides spending several hours at Home Depot, we had another couch-not-fitting-down-the-stairs experience!! At about 10, Ashley Furniture showed up with our new couch, and Pieter called me to tell me that the couch wouldn't fit. You have got to be kidding me! Really?! So Pieter and I also ended up going over to Ashley, measuring the couch we had bought, and trying to figure out what to do next. Our current plan is that we are replacing the door (and door jam) next week. We are hoping that maybe with the whole door apparatus off, maybe the couch will fit in the door and down the stairs. Now lets just hope that the couch will arrive after Shane has taken the old door off and early enough that he can still put a new one one! (sigh . . .)
As for the painting, Pieter got started at about 11 am, and after all of the running around, I finished up at about 1:30 am. Then it took us another hour or two to clean everything up, put it away, and reinstall the blinds. 3:30 am. Yikes! (that was for the kitchen ceiling, kitchen walls, and also the stairwell, plus priming, a little bit of light spackling, and also spray painting the new electrical panel) I was a little worried about whether or not I liked how the color turned out, but we took my whole family up tonight, and everyone really likes it, so I've decided that maybe I'm being a little overly critical.
What do you think?


I LOVE the paint :) Kenneth agrees. It's definitely a good color.
ReplyDelete