Sunday, January 16, 2011

D Day: Wednesday (Packing, and a big couch)

Man, there is a lot to pack in a kitchen! Shane was planning to start on Thursday, so Wednesday I found myself packing . . . and packing . . . and packing!!

Thank goodness for friends who give you breaks to come over and see their new vanity and chat about photos . . . really thank goodness for parents (both sets!), sisters-in-law (Corina, and Brigieta!), and one brother-in-law (Lawrence!) who come over and help pack!



Brigieta and Lawrence came by to get the china cabinet and IKEA cabinets we promised them, and ended up staying way later than they had planned. (Sorry guys!) We had just gotten everything down and packed into their truck when it was getting to be almost too late to go pick up the couch we were buying from Emily. Our friend Andy was supposed to come and help get the couch, but he had fallen asleep. Pieter, Lawrence, and Jeffrey took our old couch out of the basement (no small feat). Pieter, Lawrence, and Jeffrey headed up to get our new couch. Then Pieter, Lawrence, and Jeffrey came back home with a really big couch!

I wish I could have gotten a picture of how big it was, but it wouldn't fit in the stairwell! Yep, 5 minutes to midnight, and we had a really nice leather couch outside our back door that we couldn't fit inside anywhere. In January. With snow on the ground, and more expected.

Thank goodness for Robert Wood, who was miraculously standing there outside our back door at midnight. He offered to take the couch for us until we figured out what to do with it. Wow.

We were at the house until like 2 packing (and returning our old couch to the basement). I think I'm still exhausted almost a week later!! But we are finally ready to start this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment