Sunday, January 23, 2011
Days 10 and 11 - Saturday and Sunday (Harley)
It's been a really tough weekend. Harley's seizures have stepped up, and Friday night, he had two in a row that he had a really hard time recovering from. For 40 minutes, we weren't sure he could see or hear. We thought we were going to lose him, and we almost took him to the pet ER. Then all night he had seizures, one every hour. The next morning, we met with his vet, who added another medication to his life. It has made him very sleepy and drugged. I can't say that I really mind that, but he now has a hard time doing stairs, and he also wets the floor several times every day. I have seen him go to the bathroom outside, and he does it purposefully, so I don't think it's that he has no control. But somehow, between the many seizures of the weekend, and the new medication, he seems to have forgotten how to be potty trained. The vet says that whatever he "lost" as a result of the seizures will probably return. Meanwhile, we are at Dorothy's house, and we have cleaned up numerous wet spots. This was the main reason that she didn't want him here, and although she's being very understanding because of the circumstances, this is still very hard for everyone. I imagine that the seizures have worsened at least partly because of stress, so I'm trying to make Harley's life as "normal" as possible. Of course, the problem is, that as long as he keeps wetting the floor, we have to keep him either confined in the bathroom or outside. Anyway, I'm hoping we're over the seizures for the next few weeks, and maybe by the time his next "siezure week" comes along, the new meds will have kicked in. I'm hoping . . . and hoping . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment