Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 13 - Tuesday (insulation in the ceiling, no more cabinets, and a green wall)

Lots of little bits of progress today.

There is insulation in the ceiling downstairs! It's crazy how quiet it seems now!! This means (I think) that sheetrock comes next. Perhaps I should buy primer and paint. (one more thing to do. . .)

The cabinets are completely gone from the kitchen!


The doorway into the dining room has a header in it.

The cable tv cord has been rerouted through the basement floor to the upstairs. That means that I get to have this:

instead of this:

(It may not seem like that big of a deal to you, but if you've ever tried sweeping around a mess of cords that are routed everywhere in a room, you know what I mean)

Most interesting to me is that the cheap wallboard is gone from the living room wall (at least, the half of it that Shane is going to be working with). All these years, I have wondered what possessed them to put up that stuff. It's not like it looks particularly nice. I figured that they were covering up something worse than cheap wallboard, and so I hesitated to take it off. Well, today the mystery was solved. Behind the wallboard is . . .

A green plaster wall! (why on earth did they cover that up?? I mean, it's green and all, but it's just like all of my other walls! Nothing horrible!)

I could have at least found a skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment