Pieter and I were at the house until midnight last night marking light placement for the basement. This is harder than it sounds, especially getting the lines straight. Lawrence and Pieter also spent a few hours here tonight putting speaker wire into the ceiling. The phrase "as long as we have the ceiling open . . ." is going to kill us!
This morning, Lawrence brought some Ethernet cable over for me to take up to the house. Pieter had the car, so Dorothy drove Nathan and I up, and I got to chat with Shane. We ended up tweaking the lighting placement a little bit more, specifically because I wasn't able to put two lights in the location I thought I would be able to. I think the change is good, though, and now that the lights are actually in place, they look great.
There is a hole in the kitchen wall today where the new doorway will be! There is also a hole in the floor where Shane is having to change a heating vent a bit. This is cool because I can see the layers in the floor! It is also cool because Shane can now see which layers he's going to take off, and which he will leave in order to make the height of the old kitchen floor and the old dining room floor match (in preparation for tile)
This afternoon a dumpster arrived at our house. Now it looks like a real construction zone! I'm thinking that whoever was complaining about Harley's barking now knows that we were preparing to remodel. I hope they realize that the situation was (obviously) temporary.
Also today, Chris, our HVAC guy, finished his work. He has now switched out the ductwork and vents in the family, given Jeffrey a whole new (different) duct, brought a new source of combustible air into the furnace room, changed the direction that the furnace vents to the other side of the house, and put in refrigerant tubes (or something like that) for possible future air conditioning. Whew! That is a lot of work! Too bad it set us back like $1000 . . .



No comments:
Post a Comment