Monday, January 24, 2011
Day 12 - Monday (cabinet door and ethernet)
Look! Ethernet cable! In the office!
(to be honest, I had no idea why I would want ethernet cables until last weekend. Seems like a good idea now, though)
PLUS, that means only one thing that I know of (one cable tv cord) still has to be done before the basement sheetrocking can start!
Also today, I went down to Cabinet Warehouse and borrowed a door! While I was there, Le showed me our cabinets! They are all in, stacked in boxes, in the back of the warehouse. They are going to start building them in the next day or two!
The door is, as I had expected, a little bit darker than Pieter and I have been anticipating. It's not a bad thing -- we like the color -- but I feel like it kind of affects my other choices for the room. For example, the color is so rich that the countertop feels lighter, and less formal. I'm not saying that's a bad thing -- it's just a little different than I had anticipated.
Here are two pictures of the door and counter with the 2 leading tile choices. The first one was taken with a flash, and the second without. I think the "real" color is probably somewhere in between, depending on what type of light is actually in the room at the moment.
The 3 tiles on the left ("Hymera")would be used together, in a pattern, and in different sizes. The one on the right would be used alone, but still in varying sizes. I am going back and forth, but at the moment, I feel like the hymera does not have distinct enough color. I like the distictive color tones in the one on the right (we'll call that the "Home Depot Knock-Off" until I figure out what the real name is) but I'm wondering if it needs to be darker because the cabinets are so dark. Of course, I wanted a contrast. I am thinking of doing some more tile shopping with my new door in hand, and maybe even stopping by Klein's Custom Countertops to get a better look at how my door looks with a big counter by it.
So there we have it for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment