Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 2 - Friday (electricity!)

The first thing we had to do as part of this remodel was to upgrade our existing electrical service from the street. I don't really understand much about this, other than that I've been told that we needed to do it for the past 11 years, since we moved into this house. Well, that and also that I refer to this project as giving us one of those teletubby bye bye speakers. You know the ones:

So here is our new exciting electrical service:




I know, it looks really cool on top of my house.
Really.

So the more exciting thing (to me) about today is that while the electrician was here, we asked him if he could put a light at the top of our stairwell. We have been wanting to do this forever, and I was so excited that he said he could do it!!


It doesn't look like much here, but believe me, it's awesome! You can see in this picture the little IKEA sconce that we've been using for the past several years instead. It's plug goes around the doorway, into the kitchen, and into a big plug thingie that I use to make like 9 outlets out of 2. I'm sure that's really safe. (probably about as safe as not having the right kind of teletubby bye bye electrical thing on my roof)

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment